About us, our target audience and this privacy notice
This notice sets out how Kinship processes your personal data if you are a customer or a user of Kinship’s website or mobile applications. Kinship’ services are neither aimed at nor intended for children. If you are a child, then you must inform your parent or guardian of this notice.
Kinshipis the trading name of Kinship, Ltd (collectively referred to as “Kinship”, “Kinship’s Common Projects”, “Kinship Ltd.”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this notice). We are the data controller of your personal data.
Our data protection officer (DPO) is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this notice. If you have any questions about this notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, then please contact our DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this notice and your personal data
We may update this notice from time to time and will notify you of changes where we are required to do so by law.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. An easy way to do this is through your Kinship account, but please also feel free to contact us.
The personal data we collect about you
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store, transfer or otherwise process different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products/services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes information collected when you access our website or mobile applications, your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website or mobile applications.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, mobile applications, Wi-Fi and similar electronic services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your marketing and communication preferences.
Failure to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (e.g., to provide you with products/services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product/service but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How we collect your personal data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including as set out below:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data in your direct interactions with us (e.g., Identity Data, Contact Data and Financial Data) by filling in forms, through our mobile applications or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you: (i) enquire about, apply for or order our products/services; (ii) create an account; (iii) subscribe to our communications; (iv) request marketing to be sent to you; (v) enter a competition, promotion, raffle or survey; or (vi) give us feedback or contact us.
- Website, mobile applications and cookies. As you interact with our website and mobile applications, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your device, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see our Cookie Notice for further details.
- Technical Data from third party analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers.
- Contact Data, Financial Data and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How we process your personal data
We will only process your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will process your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of a contract: Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Legitimate interests: Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Legal or regulatory obligation: Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- Consent: Where you have given us consent to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
With limited exceptions (e.g., some of our electronic marketing), we do not rely on consent as a lawful basis for processing your personal data. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes and lawful bases for processing your personal data
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to process your personal data, and which of the lawful bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Purpose/Activity: To register you as a new customer
- Type of personal data: (a) Identity Data, (b) Contact Data
- Lawful basis of processing: Performance of a contract
Purpose/Activity: To process and deliver your order (including managing payments, fees and charges, and collecting and recovering money owed to us)
- Type of personal data: (a) Identity Data, (b) Contact Data, (c) Financial Data, (d) Transaction Data, (e) Marketing and Communications Data
- Lawful basis of processing: (a) Performance of a contract, (b) Legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
Purpose/Activity: To manage our relationship with you (including notifying you about changes to our terms or this notice and asking you to leave a review or take a survey)
- Type of personal data: (a) Identity Data, (b) Contact Data, (c) Profile Data, (d) Marketing and Communications Data
- Lawful basis of processing: (a) Performance of a contract, (b) Legal or regulatory obligation, (c) Legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and understand how customers use our products/services)
Purpose/Activity: To ad